It’s a horrible feeling when you're about to run out of money on the road. How will you get to your next destination, much less home?
Fortunately, there are solutions to the problem. Unfortunately, they may put a kink in the solid eat, beach, massage routine you’ve been working on.
Build Your Trip
Get instant pricing and complimentary advice
To help ease the pain here are a few suggestions to get that money back where it belongs, in your pocket.
Watch out for:
- ATM/credit card transaction fees
- Money exchanges
- Extravagant tours
- Food out
- Flight Changes
- Traveling without Insurance
To save some extra cash, try these tactics:
2. Volunteer– keep your karma solid and your budget intact. You won’t spend money unnecessarily much when you’re busy volunteering. GVI and Volunteer Abroad are probably the best resources for volunteering opportunities abroad.
3. Teach – Teaching English is probably the most accessible way to work abroad. Dave’s ESL Café has a great list of teaching gigs the world round along with a slew of other resources. If you’re a native English speaker, you were born with the birthright to the world’s favorite language. Might as well make the most of it.
4. Work as a Digital nomad – digital nomads can work from anywhere. Veteran travel blogger AlmostFearless set up this great job search tool that lists opportunities for working from the road on your computer. Also, a company called FreePursuits has a good list of location independent jobs to give you ideas on how to work while you travel.
There are a just a few ways to keep yourself from running out of money. Make sure you’re up to date on the avenues of financial freedom and keep plugging away. You will make it to your originally scheduled return date. You will.
Build Your Trip
Get instant pricing and
any route • any airline • any change