At AirTreks we have our very own around-the-world trip planner called, you guessed it, TripPlanner. It’s a sophisticated airfare pricing engine designed to give instantaneous pricing for multi-stop or round-the-world plane tickets, quickly and accurately, helping you plan and budget your upcoming trip and kickstart the AirTreks booking process.
Since 1998, our around the world TripPlanner has been the only tool on the web to offer immediate pricing for complex international itineraries without rule restrictions, limited standard routes or the need to articulate dates for every flight on your trip while you’re in the planning stage.
TripPlanner works by assembling a database of specialty fares available exclusively to AirTreks into the most cost-effective route for the destinations you’ve chosen for your around the world trip.
TripPlanner can price trips starting and ending anywhere in the world (not just the USA) in any order, combination or complexity. It even allows you to add surface segments, so if your plan is to travel overland on your own for any leg, TripPlanner will calculate the price accordingly.
Here’s how to use it:
- Pick your destinations from the interactive world map. Don’t forget to include the cities you’re DEPARTING FROM and also RETURNING TO or ENDING IN.
- If necessary, rearrange the destination sequence to see if different routes or itineraries lower the cost. Add or remove stops.
- If you want to travel overland on your own (i.e. by train, bus, boat, camel, or bike), click on the blue plane icon between the cities you want to overland -the plane icon will turn into a train symbol.
- Once you’ve completed your route, click on the “Get Prices” button in the bottom right corner. You will be immediately taken to a landing page with your trip summary and a price range.
- When you’re ready to finalize your plans, simply add your contact information and submit the trip you’ve built. It will be automatically passed on to one of AirTreks’ Travel Planners who will work with you directly to optimize the itinerary and set up your flight arrangements down to the last detail.
*A note on dates: Aside from starting and ending dates, individual dates are not required until you’re ready to book, but segment dates do help your consultant provide a more accurate quote.
So where’s the price?
You’ll get your price results after you click the “Get prices” button. You’re not obliged to make a purchase or pay for anything when you click this button.
What’s with the price range? Why isn’t there an exact price?
TripPlanner was created as a tool to provide instant price estimates for complex trips. We know how important your time is, so we made it easy to use and don’t require you to spend time on formalities required with other trip-planning tools. You can use TripPlanner without adding dates, specific flights or waiting for results from the airlines’ flight availability computers. Of course, since final prices differ dramatically depending on these elements, TripPlanner provides a price range to cover all of your options. Nine times out of ten the final cost of your trip will fall within TripPlanner’s estimated price range (there may be exceptions for last minute or predominantly peak season travel).
Your Travel Planner will narrow down the range to a single price during the planning process.
In order to balance speed and accuracy, TripPlanner does not include every city in the world with an airport. If your departure city or destination city is not included on the TripPlanner map, simply choose the closest city to it geographically. The TripPlanner estimate will still be close. When you submit the trip, simply note the actual city in the comments box and your consultant will adjust your routing by hand.
Figure out the initial costs of a complex international journey painlessly and accurately with TripPlanner. Then, work out the best itinerary for you with your AirTreks Travel Planner and before you know it, you’ll be taking off to see the world.